Salmogenics™ differs from other salmonella vaccines currently on the markets as follows:
- Some current vaccines may interfere with efficacy of other vaccines or medications administered simultaneously with and/or subsequent to vaccination.
- Salmogenics may be administered alone or with other vaccines. For chicken growers who grow 40 billion chickens per year for worldwide consumption, Salmogenics does not increase the cost of vaccine administration.
- Some antigens may interfere with or affect the accuracy of traditional testing or screening tools used to detect active or prior infection.
- Salmogenics does not affect the accuracy of diagnostic procedures nor reduce the effectiveness of other vaccines.
- Other vaccines are administered orally or by individual injection, requiring costly manpower to handle the birds at an additional cost of $.40 – $.60 per bird.
- The Salmogenics vaccine can be administered with other vaccines directly in the egg, before the egg is hatched, without additional handling costs and without human handling stress to the live bird.
Prior vaccines generally failed to provide a Salmonella-containing multivalent vaccine composition which is as effective as Salmogenics in inducing an immune response to at least one intestinal pathogenic organism.